- Ringing early migrant Chiffchaff and Willow Warbler. 1st April could be the earliest date the Group has marked this species?
- Clearly all the Great Tits are settled on their territories as all 24 birds were ringed!
- Nice to ring what appears to be resident pair of Treecreepers at Granby.
- Time at Granby for Gary and I to burn some more of the brash, helping the Grizzled Skippers.
- Getting back into ageing Chiffs with three in the hand together.
Granby, Wednesday 19 March
38 (23/15): Chaffinch 7/0, Great Tit 0/9, Robin 0/2, Tree Sparrow 1/0, Treecreeper 1/0, Yellowhammer 14/4
Brackenhurst, Saturday 29 March
21(12/9): Blue Tit 0/2, Chaffinch 3/0, Chiffchaff 3/0, Dunnock 1/1, Great Spotted Woodpecker 1/0, Great Tit 0/6, Robin 1/0, Yellowhammer 3/0
Granby, Tuesday 1 April
27(10/17): Blue Tit 0/3, Chaffinch 1/3, Great Tit 0/9, Reed Bunting 2/0, Robin 1/0, Tree Sparrow 1/0, Treecreeper 1/0, Willow Warbler 1/0, Wren 0/1, Yellowhammer 4/0
A gloomy start at Granby on 1 April. (JL)
One of a pair of Treecreepers that appear to be resident at Granby. (JL)
Cowslips out at Granby. (JL)
An early Willow Warbler at Granby. (TS)
Getting rid of all the scrub that's been cleared to help Grizzled Skippers. (JL)
An adult Great Tit at Granby on 1 April showing well marked primary coverts and alula. (JL)